To put an end to its rich news in 2022, DJI is launching a new revision of its famous Mini drone.
After the FPV Avatathem new versions of Osmo Action and Osmo stabilizersDJI launches the Mini 3. A drone which, as its name suggests, aims for compactness and an affordable entry price to discover the discipline.
As light as a (large) smartphone
The DJI Mini 3 takes up most of the design of its predecessor. We obviously find there the aesthetic markers of the Mini 3 Pro (already available), starting with its foldable wings and its featherweight of 249 grams – barely more than a iPhone 14 Pro Max.
But the biggest asset of the DJI Mini 3 is probably its modernized sensor. We go from a 1/2.3“ CMOS 1 module to a 1/1.3“ one on this new model. Larger, the latter therefore allows shots that are richer in detail, better exposed and better performance in low light.
This sensor, surmounted by a lens opening at ƒ/1.7 (field of view of 82.1°), therefore allows 12 megapixel shots (JPG or RAW) but also the capture of videos in 4K at 30 frames per second in HDR, or 2.7K and below 60 frames per second (without HDR). The DJI Mini 3 offers a bitrate of 100 Mbps and offers video recording in MP4 format (H.264 only).
Improved autonomy for flights up to 38 minutes
In addition to the promise of better shots, the DJI Mini 3 has a battery that can give it up to 38 minutes of autonomy (compared to 31 minutes on the previous model).
The drone’s antennas allow a live stream in 720p at 30 frames per second up to a distance of 10 kilometers. The DJI Mini 3 obviously has various cinematic modes such as spiral, circle or boomerang, which allows it to automatically fly around its subject for a dramatic effect.
The DJI Mini 3 comes in five configurations detailed below:
- DJI Mini 3 (drone only): only the drone and its battery. Available early 2023 for €489
- DJI Mini 3: includes the drone, a battery and the DJI RC-N1 remote control. Available early 2023 for €579.
- DJI Mini 3 (DJI RC): includes the drone, its battery and the DJI RC remote control. Available early 2023 for €749.
- DJI Mini 3 Flo More Bundle: Includes the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller, a Carry Bag, a Two-Way Charging Dock, and two additional Intelligent Flight Batteries. Available today for 768€.
- Bundle DJI Mini 3 Fly More (DJI RC): same as above, with a DJI RC remote control instead of the RC-N1. Available today for 938€.