Microsoft Store on Windows 11 has a huge range of apps and games spread across different categories. Now, it should be understood that the selection of apps available in the store will vary by region. Also, you might have noticed that you can’t install apps that might be in alpha/beta stage. It can be tricky if you wanted to download an Android app to test it on your PC.
If you are looking to install a test app or you are having strange issues with downloading apps from Microsoft Store on your Windows 11 PC, you can follow this guide to manually install apps on Windows 11. The steps are simple and easy to follow. Make sure you follow the steps correctly to manually sideload apps on a Windows 11 PC.
How to Manually Install Apps on Windows 11
There are two important things you need to know when it comes to downloading UWP apps or untrusted apps on your Windows 11 PC. You’ll need to make sure you have sideloading enabled and you know which app to install.
Enable developer mode
Just as you can enable Developer Mode on Android, you can enable this option on your Windows 11 PC. Here’s how to enable Developer Mode on Windows 11.
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC.
- On the left side, click the Privacy and Security option.
- Now on your right click on the option that reads For Developers.
- You should now see an option that says Developer Mode.
- Click the toggle on the right to enable developer mode.
- A pop-up dialog will appear asking if you want to enable developer mode. Confirm it.
- You have now enabled Developer Mode on your Windows 11 PC.
Download Apps on Windows 11 via Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShell is a command line that you need to use to install or even download apps on your Windows 11 PC. Whether it’s apps not available in your region or installing an untrusted app, you can make sure to install the application using Windows PowerShell.
Note that you will need to manually download the .appx bundle file for the app you want. You can find a good number of sources to download these .appx packages.
- Open PowerShelllaunch the start menu.
- Now search for PowerShell.
- When you find it, be sure to choose Execute as administrator.
- Now all you have to do is type the following command:
- Add-AppxPackage -Path “Insert path to downloaded .appx file”
- Once the command is entered, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- PowerShell will start installing the downloaded .appx file on your Windows 11 PC.
- After the installation is successfully completed, you will see the installed application in the start menu.
This concludes the guide on how you can manually install or sideload Windows UWP apps on your Windows 11 PC without having to use the Microsoft Store. In fact, this may be your go-to method if you’ve finally uninstalled the Microsoft Store from your Windows 11 PC. If you have any queries or queries, feel free to leave them on our social media.
Want to learn more about iOS 16? Here is a new video on the new Apple operating system for the iPhone.