investigation opened for moral and sexual harassment

investigation opened for moral and sexual harassment

An investigation for moral harassment and sexual harassment was opened following the report for “sexist contempt” targeting the president of the French Football Federation.

An investigation into moral harassment and sexual harassment was opened on Monday following the report for “sexist contempt” targeting the president of the French Football Federation Noël Le Graët, the Paris prosecutor’s office said on Tuesday, requested by AFP.

This report was made after the testimony of Sonia Souid, agent of several French internationals, collected by the auditors of the General Inspectorate of Education, Sport and Research (IGESR), according to the daily Le Monde. Sonia Souid publicly denounced last week, to the daily L’Equipe and on RMC, the behavior deemed sexist by the person who has chaired the FFF since 2011.

What’s next after this ad

Withdrawn from the presidency of the FFF

“He told me face to face, in his apartment, very clearly, that if I wanted him to help me, I had to go to the pan,” she said. Referring to her past professional relationship with the boss of French football, she explains that she had the feeling “that each time, the only thing that interests her, and I apologize for speaking vulgarly, are my two breasts and my ass “.

What’s next after this ad

January 11, Noël Le Graët has been “set back” of the presidency of the federation by the executive committee.

Asked on Saturday by AFP, the Ministry of Sports clarified that Minister Amélie Oudéa-Castéra had been informed of the report, in accordance with the procedure, and that she was not intended to comment further on the subject.

What’s next after this ad

What’s next after this ad

In this text transmitted by his lawyers, the 81-year-old leader is surprised to learn “through the press” the opening of an investigation for moral and sexual harassment and castigates the “numerous interferences and political pressures” that have come, according to him, of the Minister of Sports Amélie Oudéa-Castéra within the framework of the audit carried out by the ministry.

The boss of French football, in office since 2011, “denounces these repeated announcements in the press which occur when the Inspection mission has not even issued its provisional report yet”.

“In this administrative investigation, which is clearly incriminating, Mr. Le Graët had neither the opportunity to take cognizance of the elements concerning him, nor the opportunity to put forward his observations in defence, which is seriously prejudicial to the essential rights of the defense and the elementary respect of the contradictory”, supports the press release.

The investigation opened Monday, confirmed Tuesday to AFP by the Paris prosecutor’s office, was entrusted to the brigade for the repression of delinquency against the person (BRDP).