The Society of Expert Chemists of France (SECF), INSA Rouen Normandie and its CFI department are organizing a Scientific and Professional Day (JSP) on Thursday 10 number around the theme of the “Laboratory of the Future”. On this occasion, many renowned speakers will propose during their speech to understand the concepts of artificial intelligence (and algorithms more generally) in order to analyze its applications in many fields.
Agri-food, energy, chemistry, environment or even pharmacy, this meeting will indeed address various but key sectors around issues such as:
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- What can we expect?
- How does it revolutionize our practices?
- What are the first achievements?
This JSP is also an opportunity for INSA Rouen and the SECF to bring together a large audience. It will allow engineering students and engineers, operational managers of process industries, product quality and safety managers and researchers to learn more about the concrete applications of neural networks and AI in fields that present many challenges to all scales.
The scientific committee is led, on the INSA Rouen side, by Boulos Youssef, Director of the CFI Department, Lecturer; and on the SECF side by Yvon Gervaise, President Expert Science-Consulting.
The program of this JSP
- 1:45 p.m.: Welcome
- 2 p.m.: Words of Welcome – Pr Mourad Boukhalfa, Director INSA Rouen Normandie & Jean-Pierre Dal Pont, President of the Society of Expert Chemists of France
- 2:15 p.m.: Thinking the Laboratory of the Future: Artificial Intelligence (AI) at the heart of a mutation or a disruption…? – Yvon Gervaise, President of ESC, leader of the Laboratory of the Future WG (SECF)
- 2:25 p.m.: The new paradigm of AI: a lever for evolution in the multidisciplinary concert of INSA and the training of its engineers – Boulos Youssef, Director of the Fine Chemistry and Engineering Department, INSA Rouen Normandie
- 2:35 p.m.: AI for robust management of industrial activities – Pr Emmanuel Frenod, University of South Brittany, See-D Scientific Director
- 2:50 p.m.: The theoretical foundations and applications of AI (Artificial Intelligence): where is the research? – Pr Gilles Gasso, Director of Research, INSA Rouen Normandie
- 3:05 p.m.: Artificial Intelligence and Theoretical Chemistry: a new alliance to predict and understand chemistry – Vincent Tognetti, Lecturer, COBRA Laboratory (CNRS, INSA Rouen, University)
- 3:20 p.m.: Questions and Answers
- 3:30 p.m.: Break
- 3:55 p.m.: AI in the cement industry: from the laboratory to the adjustment of the industrial process via Machine Learning algorithms – Xavier Cieren, Research Engineer IA & prediction tools, HOLCIM Innovation Center (HIC)
- 4:10 p.m.: Chemometrics and Machine Learning: Examples of operational tools at the service of laboratories and the process industry – Sébastien Preys, PhD, Project Manager, ONDALYS
- 4:25 p.m.: Application of AI and Deep Learning expertise to Materials Science: digital materials design focused on microstructure optimization based on textural properties and intended uses – Maxime Moreaud, Scientific Department project manager, IFP Energies nouvelles
- 4:40 p.m.: AI for databases and interpretation in food control, the link between Lab and Bio – Freddy Thomas, R&D Manager, Eurofins Authenticity Competence Center
- 4:55 p.m.: AI and Search for the Best Solvent: predictive analyzes of the mixture of solvents / environment – Patrick Maestro, Scientific Director of SOLVAY
- 5:10 p.m.: Round table and conclusions
Practical information to access the event
Registration : The event is paid for via the Weezevent ticket office.
Prices : SECF members: 110 euros; Non-SECF members: 130 euros and INSA members and students: free, but compulsory registration with INSA.